The Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines, Inc. (NFP) is a private, non-stock, non-profit organization engaged in improving the nutritional status of the Filipino community. It has pioneered and carried out public health nutrition activities for the benefit of the Filipino family.
- Founded by National Scientist and former Secretary of Health, Dr. Juan Salcedo, Jr.
- Organized in December 28, 1959, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission in January 1960 and started its operation in July 15, 1960
- Governed by a Board of Trustees
- Operates as an assisting agency complementing and supporting the nutrition efforts of agencies in the government and non-government sectors
- Pioneered the organization of nutrition councils, now nutrition committees
- Adhering body to the International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS)
- Member, Federation of Asian Nutrition Societies (FANS), Southeast Asia Public Health Nutrition Network (SEA-PHN), Federation of HAMIS winners in the Philippines, Association of Foundations (AF), National Nutrition Council – National Capital Region, CALABARZON and MIMAROPA Regional Management Groups, Nutrition Research Information Network (NUTRINET), and the Philippine Coalition of Advocates for Nutrition Society, Inc. (PHILCAN)
- Accredited by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), Philippine Council for NGO Certification (PCNC), Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and the Quezon City Council